Getting There By Bicycle | By Subway | By Commuter Trains | By Car
The Central Park starting location is by the Harlem Meer in Central Park. Enter at 110th St & Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard.
The Prospect Park starting location is at Park Circle, inside the entrance at the intersection of Prospect Park Southwest and Parkside Ave.
Traffic is light and an early morning ride through Central Park is a treat. If you arrive via the Central Park Loop, please ride all the way down the hill to the Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. Boulevard exit and then enter the registration lane. There will be signs to direct you.
Follow the West Drive of the Prospect Park Loop to the exit located at Prospect Park Southwest and Parkside Avenue. Volunteers and signs will be on hand to guide you.
Thanks to T.A. advocacy, bicycles are allowed on the subway, with no permit required, 24 hours a day (more details). Please check out mta.info for service advisories.
Take any of the following trains to get to the Central Park starting location:
- A, C, D, or 1 trains to 59th Street-Columbus Circle. Ride through Central Park to the Central Park starting location.
- 2 or 3 trains to 110th Street/Central Park North. Ride one block west to the Central Park starting location.
- 6 Train to 110th Street and Lexington Avenue. Ride five blocks west to the Central Park starting location.
Take any of the following trains to the Prospect Park starting location:
- F or G train to Fort Hamilton Parkway.
- 2 or 3 train to Grand Army Plaza. Ride through the park and exit at Prospect Park Southwest and Parkside Avenue.
- Q Train to Prospect Park or Parkside Avenue.
- S Train to Prospect Park station.
For more information, see the New York City Subway Map.
On all commuter trains, please bring a bungee cord to secure your bike.
- PATH: No permit required.
- NJ Transit: No permit required.
- Metro North: Bicycle permit requirements and allowable bikes-per-car rules waived for the day of the NYC Century Bike Tour: September 13, 2015.
- LIRR: Bicycle permit requirements and allowable bikes-per-car rules waived for the day of the NYC Century Bike Tour: September 13, 2015. Please bring bungee cords to secure your bike.
See our Bikes Aboard section for more information on bringing your bike on commuter trains.
Be sure to allow extra time to park your car and assemble your bike. On-street parking is allowed but scarce. Please call ahead to confirm location and prices of the listed garages.
Local garages near Central Park
- Merit Parking (an Icon Company)
12-14 East 107th Street between Madison & Fifth avenues
.06 Miles from the start
Up to 12 hours: $15.00
- East 105th St. Parking (an Icon Company)
156 East 105th between Lexington & 3rd avenues
Up to 10 hours: $11.00
- Oliantha Garage Corp
102 West 107th Street between Columbus & Amsterdam avenues
0.6 Miles from the start
Up to 12 hrs: $9
Up to 24 hrs: $15
Local garages near Prospect Park
- Jenuwen Parking
590 Flatbush Avenue
0.3 miles from the start
- Seacrest Garage
931 Carroll Street
0.4 miles from the start